Monday, April 11, 2011

The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Body Butter Review

When I was pregnant, I fell in love with body moisturizers particularly when stretchmarks were showing as my pregnancy bump grew bigger and also when my skin turned quite dry. I went for The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Body Butter when my regular Johnsons Baby Lotion isn't rich enough for my skin at that time. This body butter is very rich, thus I used 3 jars of it during pregnancy. I'm using the 4th jar now and I want to share my thoughts about it ...


Love it ...
- this body butter is amazingly rich and moisturizing, hence it's perfect for those with very dry or flaky skin, and especially during winter months
- smells like chocolate which I love. It smells so yummy till I feel like licking it, lol!
- the texture is very creamy and smooth
- it will not clog pores or cause body acne
- absorbs into the skin quickly and keeps skin hydrated all day
- helps to reduce the appearance of stretchmarks. I use this with Bio Oil and I'm impressed :)
- the packaging is great. I prefer jars because it minimizes wastage instead of tube or bottle packagings

Hate it ...
- it is greasy once applied but like I said, it sinks into the skin pretty fast. The trick is to apply this body butter right after shower when skin is still damp. I hate using this when the weather is hot as it still leaves my skin feeling greasy, sticky and worse if I sweat!
- it will not prevent stretchmarks. I still get some minor stretchmarks although I layered this body butter on my belly every night when I was pregnant
- not very economical unless I use it twice per week. If I were to use it daily, it can only last for about 2 weeks

Size: 200ml / 6.9 OZ (196g)
Price: RM59.00 / USD19.53 (approx)

Here are the list of ingredients: -












Overall ratings ...
Price: ★★★
Product: ★★★
Quality: ★★★★
Packaging: ★★★★★

Would I buy again: Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails