Monday, April 25, 2011

Dermalogica Gentle Soothing Booster Review

Hey all, I want to do another face product review before I review other body, eye, hair or make up product.
This is a product I swear my skin can't live without to soothe big bumpy acne and redness after facial or acne extraction. However, this booster receives unfavorable ratings if you browse MakeupAlley.com. I have no idea why some said that this is an oil when it is actually oil-free. This serum has a very smooth texture and it makes my skin glows. My complexion receives numerous compliments ever since I started using this serum with Dermalogica Skin Smoothing Cream. I have been using this serum for years and I love it more than the Skin Hydrating Booster. Here is my complete review of this product...

 The Good...
- it is oil-free and it didn't cause any acne flare ups on my skin
- provides added moisture with no greasy feeling and it certainly makes my skin glows like never before
- great for acne scars. I rubbed this serum on old acne marks religiously and it fades out those marks / scars notably. I also apply this serum after acne extraction and it reduces irritation, redness and sensitivity instantly and promotes rapid healing. In short, this is ultra-soothing for my skin
- it contains soothing ingredients like Honey and Red Raspberry Extract which I love
- best of all, it contains zero artificial fragrance or color
- I like the packaging where I can open the tip of the bottle, hence no wastage
- one bottle can last up to 2 months

The Bad...
- it is quite pricey as expected
- it is not moisturizing enough on its own. I mix it with Skin Smoothing Cream for best results
- I would not say that it is recommended for all skin conditions. My skin loves this but if you want to be sure if this is suitable for your skin, consult your skin therapist. Do not test any samples on your skin just because you got it for free. Who doesn't love free stuffs but I would never put any products on my face without studying the ingredients first. Study the ingredients to see if there are any that your skin can't tolerate or if the product contains ingredients that will cause or worsen acne. My advice is always to consult a skin therapist before investing on any products

Size: 30mL / 1 FL OZ
Price: RM219.00 / USD67 (approx)

Here are the ingredients: - 









Overall ratings: -
Price: ★★
Product: ★★★★★
Quality: ★★★★★
Packaging: ★★★★

Would I buy again: Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails